Energy equipment for NPPs
- Generators and ancillary systems for NPPs. Upgrading and maintenance of existing generators and ancillary systems
- Generator excitation systems
- Back-up diesel generator power plants and spares for them. Diesel generators for NPP emergency power supply systems
- Pumps and spares
- Valves and spares
- Circulating overhead cranes and spares
- Sealing materials
- Non-destructive monitoring systems. Spares for eddy-current monitoring for the examination and inspection of the reactor pressure vessel, steam generator, pressurizer
- Supports for NPP pipework and systems for protecting pipes from seismic events and vibrations
- Castings and forgings
- Flow technology – pumps for NPPs
Generators and ancillary systems for NPPs. Upgrading and maintenance of existing generators and ancillary systems.
Inkla Trading & Engineering GmbH supplies equipment for the generation of electricity, including generators of 1000 MW power and over that are certified for use at NPPs, for various types of reactor, including the VVER-1000. Advanced technologies and high levels of reliability and safety are the number one factors for our company. The specifications of the generators and ancillary systems we supply fully meet international standards. In developing designs and supplying generators we meet all requirements of the customer and of power stations by developing the most successful designs for generators in the 6 to 1100 MW power range. We develop designs for the upgrading of generators and enhancement of their power rating, and we also offer generator and ancillary system repair services.
To meet generator upgrading requirements we take the specifications of the original generator and offer customers a high-tech upgrading programme based on our technical calculations and innovations.
Generator excitation systems
Inkla supplies static excitation systems for synchronous electrical machinery and load control systems using pulsed signals, protective relays, electrical measuring instruments and information processing systems.
We supply complex system designs for the nuclear industry sector. Our main attention is concentrated on products and services that increase work efficiency, the level of safety and the reliability of the operating process and shorten the time set aside for maintenance work at the plant.
The range of our services extends to all system life cycles. We offer competent designs from the creation of new systems to regular technical servicing and upgrading aimed at increasing equipment service life and also at raising the quality of work. We offer the following services:
- Design and development
- Manufacture and testing
- Installation, tuning, commissioning and servicing of electronic devices and systems, including excitation systems, transducers, rectifiers, protective relays, measurement devices, pulse monitoring systems, process control systems and information and communication technologies
Backup diesel power stations and spares. Diesel generators for NPP emergency electric power supply systems
Inkla Trading & Engineering GmbH is involved in supplies of diesel generators and spares and other power generation equipment. All products supplied by us meet the ISO international standard.
At the present time the company is engaged in supplying new stationary diesel units of up to 10 MW power, as well as spares and replacement parts for diesel engines and all ancillary devices. Inkla GmbH offers a wide range of services:
- upgrading and extension of service life for diesel engines, generators, compressors, pumps and other equipment of diesel generator units
- full major overhaul, preventive overhaul and technical servicing may be carried out on site or in partner-company workshops which are equipped with all necessary maintenance and test equipment.
Pumps and spares
The range of equipment supplied by Inkla extends to the supply of centrifugal pumps, feed pumps and ancillary devices and hot and cold water high-pressure pumps to cover for an emergency reactor shutdown.
Inkla Trading & Engineering GmbH supplies the necessary spares and offers upgrading and service life extension services for operating pumps.
Valves and spares
Inkla supplies a wide range of valves to cut off, protect and control flow of a medium in power generation.
All equipment operating under pressure is subject to hydrostatic and functional testing and also to testing to detect leaks. Inkla GmbH can perform gas, cryogenic and the most advanced functional tests and tests of seismic stability for valves installed at NPP power units.
The equipment to be supplied has industrial standard and working practice certificates including ASME, NQA-1, RCC-M, OTT 87, IEEE, ISO, API, TUV and ATEX. All tests on materials of items include non-destructive monitoring methods, chemical analysis and mechanical testing.
Decisions on spares for valves are based on use of authentic spares and experience of supplies. The high level of competence of the company’s specialists means that Inkla offers its customers the option of developing technical servicing strategies, upgrading projects and extending equipment service life.
Inkla’s supplies cover the following goods:
- Isolation Valves
- Safety Valves
- Control Valves
- Gate Valves
- Choke Valves
- Globe Valves
- Pilot Operated Pressure Relief Valves
- Spring Loaded pressure Relief Valves
- Butterfly Valves
- Check Valves
- Ball Valves
- Diaphragm Valves
- Plug Valves
- Desuperheaters and Turbine Bypass
Circulating overhead cranes and spares for them
Through its team of experienced engineers, Inkla Trading & Engineering GmbH provides a high level of flexibility to meet the customer’s needs and expectations.
Inkla supplies spare parts and offers services relating to the upgrading of electrical circulating overhead cranes for NPPs.
Inkla Trading & Engineering GmbH supplies high-quality sealing materials and items for power generation. The range of products supplied takes in an extensive assortment of sealing materials designed to seal primary circuit valves and pumps.
Range of goods: gland packings, sealing sets and flange packings operating under the most severe conditions, metal gaskets, high-quality metal seals, hydraulic components, sealing cuffs, bearing insulators, mechanical seals, pneumatic seals, thermal expansion compensators.
Non-destructive monitoring systems. Spares for eddy-current monitoring systems for the viewing and inspection of reactor vessel walls
Inkla Trading & Engineering GmbH offers engineering support and performs investigations of NPP power units, maintenance and special investigations and provides consultation services at all stages of implementation of NPP construction projects. Inkla has continuous programmes for supply, design, development and manufacture of equipment, instruments, steam generator tube monitoring and plugging and transducers, including software and instruments for non-destructive monitoring.
Inkla specialists develop programmes for remote investigation and servicing of equipment at NPPs with pressurised water reactors, namely reactor vessels, nuclear reactor vessel tops, tube sets of steam generators and other equipment, including the supply of robots/manipulators, computerised information systems, control desks, non-destructive monitoring methodologies, various types of eddy-current monitoring transducers, mechanical pipe plugs, pipe plugging systems and plug removal.
Inkla is able to meet requirements for and select optimal designs for specific needs. Engineering designs are fully adapted to suit the customer’s requests. We can offer the following designs for non-destructive monitoring technology:
- Eddy-current monitoring
- Far zone field monitoring
- Magnetic field energy leak
- Laser ultrasonics
- Standard ultrasound monitoring
- Ultrasound investigation using the phased lattices method
- Air ultrasound
- Diffraction-time monitoring method
- Thermal analysis
- Electromagnetic transducer
Supports for NPP pipework and pipe protection systems against seismic events and vibrations
For NPP pipework we supply supports which absorb thermal expansion and compression caused by high-pressure steam, as well as systems that protect pipes from seismic events and vibrations.
Existing ASME certification allows us to offer pipe supports on the nuclear power market.
Castings and forgings
With an approach based on the total service to customer, we provide a comprehensive package of services, specific for every step of the production process, in order to always guarantee castings of higher quality.
- 3D Modelling
- Wood, resin and polystyrene pattern manufacturing
- Technical, metallurgical advice for the choice of materials
- Casting simulation with MagnaSoft to obtain castings with high quality characteristics
- Reverse engeneering
Quality Check Services
- Chemical analysys, mechanical tests, micrography, corrosion and creep tests
- Heat treatments also under controlled atmosphere
- Quenching under forced air, water and oil
- Dimensional inspections on patterns and castings with surface gauge and laser
- Non destructive tests: UT, MT, single/multidirectional (single and double wave), PT, all carried out by level III qualified technical personnel
- RT with gamma rays and x rays up to 550mm thicknesses with level III qualified technical personnel
- Inspection of the profiles by means of templates
- Thickness and roughness check
- Residual stress check
- Rough and finish machining also of hydraulic surfaces
- Hydraulic tests
- Static and dynamic balancing
Steel foundry is located over an area of 100.000 sq.m. 60.000 of which are covered. It is equipped with electric arc furnaces and induction furnaces as well as with AOD refining vessels. The experience enables to produce castings of high quality in every type of special steel, to satisfy all requirements. The capacity of the steel mill enables to produce up to 60 tons of liquid steel completely refined in the AOD converter, for the production of castings with a "delivery" weight up to 30 tons.
The characteristics of the castings are the following ones:
- Max. weight: approximately 30 tons
- Max. size: 400x500x450 cm
- As cast, rough machined or finish machined castings
- Castings in all steel types
In the field of stamping and forging manufacture, Inkla Trading & Engineering GmbH supplies verified, high-quality and innovative products, while maintaining traditions and enriching them with modern technological innovations.
With open die forging using presses of between 35 and 90 MN and super-high-power manipulators, the potential is available to machine ingots weighing up to 200 t.
Flow technology – pumps for NPPs
The casings and impellers of pumps supplied by the company are manufactured from water-resistant white iron, high-alloy duplex and super-duplex material and Niresist with special physical and chemical properties. All ready-made components are manufactured from wear-resistant martensitic and austenitic steel in line with the requirements of nuclear industry rules and standards (NIRS).